The Heroes of Smythwyck Hollow
This is the home of the legends of the heroes of the small town of Smythwyck Hollow, a dead-end dirty hole at the outskirts of the Kingdom. Many will die, but a few heroes will emerge to challenge the greatest evil in the realms.
The Almanac is a collection of known knowledge, and unknown unknowledge.
0-level Character Generator
Each character is allowed one instinct. This is a short description of what the character would do, even without player prompting. Examples include:
- At any sign of danger, I pull out my dagger.
- I never go to sleep without checking my bedroll.
- You can’t trust priests.
- I always bargain for a cheaper price.
- Never leave a chest unsearched.
A player, when faced with an appropriate circumstance, can claim the action even if the narrative has moved on.
Each character is allowed one belief. This is a short phrase explaining what drives the character. Examples include:
- I must get back to Smythwyck Hollow, at all costs!
- I must protect my comrades. Without them we are lost!
- We are all but pawns in an immortal game. Our actions are insignificant.
When the player acts upon their belief, they receive a range of bonues, from recovering Luck points to roll bonuses.